An Overview of Our Experience with #CETA Part 1
After the work on developing the Atlantic Canada House in Brussels and reflecting on more recent information, we now feel that the concept of an Small Business International Trade Network located in the Maritimes may have more merit. The purpose of the network is to assist small businesses to leverage CETA to obtain growth internationally.
If you want to play in this CETA arena it is not cheap so it is imperative to do most of your market research, funding acquisition and detail marketing and operations planning at home and in stages. We use the Stage Gate approach. One area that could be an inhibitor to Atlantic Canadian business wanting to obtain practical operational knowledge on the what, when, how and where to put their investment in penetrating the European market place is the going rate for large international trade firms. The rates are in the $700+ per hour or $5,000+ per day plus expenses range. We can provide the resources at significantly lower costs to assist in the 80% of the work needed that can be done in shop and coordinate the other 20% to ensure value for money spent to third party resources.
CETA provides opportunities but like all growth strategies, planning will determine success. In market penetration moving slowly with cost expended associated with the higher probability of obtaining return on investment is key.